Sunday, March 29, 2009

How to Write a Zotero Translator

I have put together what I hope is a very comprehensive online guide detailing How to Write a Zotero Translator. This guide is the guide I wished was available for me when I was given the task of writing a Zotero translator for the site http://www.canadiana.org/. The task was part of an internship during my Masters of History at the University of Western Ontario. This internship, during the summer of 2008, was held at the Center for History and New Media — the home of Zotero. When I took on the project, I had no experience with computer programming; when I left, I had created over fifty site-specific translators.

This guide is the product of that brief, yet intensive learning experience.

The goal of this guide is to provide readers enough skills and direction to create a Zotero translator of their own (which I hope they will share). It also gives researchers, libraries, archives and databases a specific resource to make their own translators rather than rely on the overworked Zotero team.

http://niche-canada.org/zotero-guide

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Adam, this is great! I'll talk to the Zotero team about getting a link put onto the creating translators page on the Zotero site.

Trevor&Marjee said...

We added a link in our documentation. Thanks for this fantastic contribution!

Adam Crymble said...

Good to hear. Hope it brings some translators your way.

aliyaa said...

This is a very partisan claim that most Americans and a good many others around the world would certainly debate. synthesis essay format